RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 6 Woes
Thread: Alpha 6 Woes
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 05:54 PM
caddymn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this thing is giving me nightmares. trying to set up with srxl. Dx-9 ar9020 receiver, two aileron servo two elevator, one rudder, two flaps. On the first setup could not get the right elevator to work. Everything else worked. So I started over. With a fresh program all flight surfaces worked, but no gain, I have the gain channel on channel 8 with a rotary dial. I have restarted about ten times now with trying different inputs different channels, hooking up an extra cable to g6 for the gain(read that somewhere, you had to have the gain channel on a seperate in put even with srxl) The alpha is updated, I have wiped out the program on my computer and redownloaded in case something was wrong in the software. On about the 20 fresh start I moved the alpha back by my receiver and hooked it in with the jumper cables, watched Horizons video, stopped at each point made the hookups, I made a new model in my radio and followed their setup exactly. Turned the system on and went through the programming with them and wouldn't you know it, it programmed and I got my solid blue light-----BUT! none of my controls match my surface, If I move the alpha all the gyro surfaces work in order, If I move my aileron I have one aileron and two elevators, move my rudder and I move the other aileron, Elevator well that gets you rudder, I so want to take this thing outside and smash it into so many little pieces I could split an atom. I have started over again with srxl, I am back to all surfaces work but unable to get gyro. Yes I have read the manual(not sure who could get any help from that thing), yes I have called Horizon, COTY the only human at horizon who must have engineered, built, processed, wrote the manual and sells the thing is never available, I think he is made up so no one has to deal with this thing. This is going on a week of nightly frustration. I would feel so much better about life if I just smashed it, lol.