RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Kram,
What did you power your VQ P-38's with.

I have been blessed to have two VQ P-38 kits...one kit I acquired four years ago, but it had two Lt. engine booms and both were broken in half-at the tail. I had no right side boom in the kit at all so I stored the kit and tried to find two new VQ P-38 booms. I was able to acquire one of Legion Models new P-38's...its a green one with evasion stripes, and he sold me two new VQ P-38 booms too... : ) I ordered and received two DLE 20RA's...one is counter rotating. I have two S.T. G 90's going into my older kit. Sierra landing gear for the new model and a set of VQ P-38 electric retracts to go into the older model and to be honest I am not a real fan of VQ electric retracts, but I will see how these perform.

I made a 90" N.P. P-38 ARF, with a removable stab and retracts. This last one has side mounted engines and glow plug re-heat on board. Bison Mufflers...and my two .61 K & B Twister's have Perry carbs. I have a dead slow solid idea with both engines and a very close top end too ( I used an old reliable Ugly Stick to properly break in each engine and tune). I finished this model over two years ago...and I have yet to fly it. I promised myself to fly it this season...so I will-it took a while to remake and it looks so nice too. I also have a couple of u-build kits of the P-38 and so you can say that I love this model. I lost all my models (one Royal and two Wing kit built P-38 models) over the years to inflight engine failure. Flippen model with will surprise you just how quick it will turn on its back...and its a really nice and tight stall spin too. If your not 250 feet in the air...its a guaranteed re-kit. My wing kits had C. Lee K & B .40's...great dependable engines for the Wing kit and if I didn't forget about the time...and not run out of gas...I might still have one, with the living.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 03-23-2017 at 04:45 PM.