RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 07:07 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well as you can see, I'm fumbling with the installation of the black gizmo (elevator control horn I created) as seen in posts 2027-28. However, I'm going to have to finish the Stits covered elevator halves (shrinking then pinking the leading/trailing edges and tips, and top coat before primer) before I finalize the installation. The gizmo will be glued into holes drilled into the ends of the elevator halves. I will have to shorten the elevator shaft to connect with the control horn as seen in the third photo. Also have to match up the "open" area where the control horn sits with regards to the rudder. Will have the point of connection with the servo shaft and control horn close to fuse because I do not see a lot of down elevator would be used. For contest purposes, I certainly want to be as scale like as possible. In the full scale, there is a considerable open area where the stab/elevators connector is seen and perpendicular to the rudder. See ya in a couple of days after working through this. Wait patiently for my upcoming questions. Because they will be coming. Smile. Stay Well and Stay Safe. Chic

Last edited by redtail; 03-27-2017 at 07:17 AM.