RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many tanks is enough....?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 12:12 AM
CaptainB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does help if your other half doesn't take too much notice. Fortunately, I have a fairly big garage and workshop to store and work on all my toys. as long as they are not messing up the house, she is fine. also, as long as Bills and life expenses are also covered, I can do pretty much what I want so I'm lucky I guess. Tracked vehicles have always fascinated me from boyhood so training as a mechanical engineer and gaining secure employment has helped me to fulfill my RC tank dreams. Absolutely loving what's on offer from all the companies in the field at the moment - so much choice now and relatively affordable. I can remember the 1/16 Tamiya King tiger tank for RC being sold in the seventies for around £500 which was a fortune and I could only dream. Now I have 3 KT's,7 Tiger1's,2 M26's,1 M41, 1 Challenger,3 Abrams, 3 Panthers, 3 Pz4's, 1Pz3 and a Leo 2a6 and 1A4, All at various stages of build and different features I've added. So, cost wise, things have not moved forward much at all and the whole hobby has become more affordable.

Long may it continue and I will carry on.

Cheers

CaptB