RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 PM
BigTeeEldorado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kike7
I still need to decide on what engine..At first I was thinking a Saito, but then I don't know if to just go with an OS and the TF in cowl muffler.. BUT now I'm really liking the DLE20RA with the exhaust in cowl and towards the back..I'm los haha,

I used the DLE20RA and was more than happy with the fit and performance and that's an understatement. I think it is probably the best power plant you could fit in that airframe. I have a caution however as I experience chronic issues with radio interference that I was never able to eliminate, so unfortunately I can't tell you with any certainty it had anything to do with the engine. The possibility is there though that it was associated with the ignition on the DLE 20 and the ability to keep enough spacing from the receiver on that size model.

I think I chronicled some of my efforts earlier in this thread and if you can't find them you could also visit my U-Tube page (there is a link in the signature below) and there are a few videos about that plane available there. At the very least you can see some of the performance that engine provides to help make up your mind.