RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dynaflite Butterfly build
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 07:01 PM
WIbowhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If and when I get to the covering (Turkey season is just around the corner) I somewhat think I will use some neon yellow on the front of the wings and fuselage. The rest will be translucent red from monacote. I mite try to do some other trim. As I said before I am an elderly rookie in this business. I used to fly my J3 cub and my two children gave me a Goldberg Anniversary J3 30 or so years ago and It set on a shelf in the basement until a year ago when I saw and decided to build it. Somehow the guys at the local RC club found out about and invited me down and one of the guys flew it for me. I tried to fly it, but it kept trying to roll on me so I gave that up. I liked building that and I wanted a plane to learn on so I built Sig LT-40. I jot that done last fall and deer season came and the nasty cold, snow so flying has been out here scence. I then needed something to do so I built a Sig Something Extra. I set around for a couple of weeks when that was done and thinking I needed something to do I ordered a Sig Hog Bipe. You won't believe be;eove me but that is also done and waiting for some warmer weather. The only one I will fly will properly be the LT 40 until I can fly it. I have a couple mentors at the club trying to teach me. They tell me that a regular pilot and elderly is the hardest person to teach. I'm doing a lot of flying on my Phoenix 5.5 quite a bit. At least 4 or 5 5 minute flights most every day. Any way I like airplanes. My first flying was u control back in 1950. The last time I flew one of those I ended my flight by running it into the front end of my bosses pickup.
Thanks for your info to both of you that answered my request.
Enough!
Tom