RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet
Old 04-03-2017, 08:31 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Dirk, I ended up putting the CG dead on the center of the wing tube. I just suspended it by the tube....I guess that is 260 mm back. This was easily attainable by moving batteries around. It is not pitchy. I think that it could go further back, but why? Having the CG on the spar is optimal structurally and it flys well there.
I used Lior's control throws. The aileron differential is dead on. The vertical rolls are completely axial. It flys nice on low rate. Maybe in my younger years Lior's high rate setup would have been for me! Anyway, I took some measurements and here they are in degrees:

AILERON HIGH RATE. MEDIUM RATE. LOW RATE

UP 18.75. 15.00. 13.70

DOWN. 12.00. 9.50. 8.60

ELEVATOR.

UP. 17.75. 14.70. 12.80

DOWN. 15.70. 13.00. 11.60

FLAPS: TAKEOFF. 16.50. LANDING. 44.50.

This is all I can get for flaps without cutting things up or changing servo arms. These first flights were done with a lot less flap and it was not enough! I have programmed in 7 degrees up aileron for crow but it has not been tested yet. The trim change with flaps it easily handled with separate flight mode trims.

I need need to tweak the expo. I always START with 20%. I have never liked huge amounts of expo on anything other than a foamy. I think 25 to 35 percent all around will work.

One last setup note. If you look at the stab airfoil, it is semi-symmetrical and upside down.....just like an Airbus! Neutral ielevator is a semi-symmetrical section. I set mine up to depict more of a symmetrical foil and I needed lots of up trim. Brilliant design work!

Tailwinds,

John

Last edited by cactusflyer; 04-03-2017 at 08:44 PM.