RCU Forums - View Single Post - High sierra jets!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:04 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Setting a Fall date of September 13-16
These dates coincide with the Reno Air Races that run September 13-17
The RRCC field is outside of the controlled airspace of the air races, so that is not an issue.
I still have the donations from the places listed above and may be able to get some more before the event.
The weather at this time is usually warm in the afternoons with a decent breeze, and nice calm cool mornings so the density altitude will be good for most of the day.
Plan to visit the Reno Air Races on the 17th. That is GOLD race day when it's break it or win. If you choose not to leave or visit the air races you can still fly on Sunday too.
As before there is dry camping on site, which is recommended, and I'm sure there will be people there on Sunday that can watch your belongings if you choose to attend the Races on Sunday. I may even spring for a day of private security for Sunday for people to attend the races if enough people are showing up.
Overall pretty much the same plan as before, and if I can get enough people registering by email to [email protected] I can see about some possible catering. Landing fee will $20.00 for all 4 days when you get there.

For those who wish to stay in a hotel/motel, www.booking.com allows you to do free cancellations, and it is advisable to book ASAP

I am going to run this through the club at the meeting tomorrow night so expect updates on Thursday.

This was talked about at the RRCC club meeting last night and is not the plan.

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 04-06-2017 at 09:32 AM.