RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bump this thread everytime you spend $100+ on RC Cars/Trucks
Old 04-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Rowdyray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
So my buddy EGbasher an I have been having a great race season this year (lots of rain in NorCal) and have been itching for a way to time our laps. Having sold a darkroom enlarger on eBay, I decided to go all out, since other simpler options didn't fit our needs, and buy a real timing system for my track. Transponder based with optical sensors and a decoder board that plugs into a laptop. Decoder board w/ 50ft USB cable and software, $150; 6 timing bridge sensors w/ USB cables @$40ea, $240; Two Transponders @$40ea, $80. Totaled about $460. Made a timing bridge with $10 of inch an a half PVC and some fittings. Thanks to the Flip Side Racing project, I found a much more friendly timing software and already have that set up ready for the hardware to arrive. The timing system is an I-Laps. rclapcounter.com Compatible with Robotronics and several popular software applications. Can't wait to try it out!
Sounds like a cool set up. Let us know how it works.

Didn't know about this thread. Geez, I can't get out of the local hobby store for less that 50.00. Well, maybe once or twice. Please don't make me add up everything from the beginning of this year. If I actually kept track, I'd have to consider a new hobby.