RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti Spin Pro programming question - setting up the throttle end points.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viva_peru
Hello all,

First of all, Happy Easter! I have spent some time trying to program a new Jeti Spin ESC and for some reason I am having a difficult time with the throttle end points, particularly the low end point. This is what I have done so far:

1) I used the Jeti Spin Box to measure the throttle end points and got 1.14 ms and 1.92 ms for the low and high ends (Spektrum radio)
2) I then programmed those values using the Spin Box under the fixed end points option
3) The motor will not run nor does the ESC give me the startup beep.

For the transmitter, the throttle travel is set to 100% both up and down with no subtrim nor regular trim being used. I have played with the low end point and I can get the motor to run if I set it to 1.30 ms, but it requires about 1/3 throttle stick movement before the motor starts up. If I use the Auto setting on the low end point, the motor will run, but again, it requires about 1/3 throttle stick movement before the prop spins. Ideally, I would like to have it set-up where a little stick movement is enough to get the prop spinning at low RMP. Given the size of the"Dead band" I am also wondering how it will affect the operation of the brake.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Teo
Hi Teo,

The ESC is not arming for safety reasons. Try lowering the initial fixed point from 1.14mS to 1.1mS. Once the ESC arms, you'll then be able to set things up properly with your TX to get a nice linear throttle response.

BTW I normally set the high point in the ESC to 1.8mS.

Cheers,
Jason.