RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 06:16 PM
DaleCS

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Chad's aileron bits arrived late last week, while I was in Nashville. Visited Stones River Battlefield, Sly's Hill, had some Nashville 'hot chicken,' heard some good country music and the Nashville Symphony - my wife has a childhood friend that plays for the symphony. Also visited Leipers Fork - nice little village in the hills that has some large RC events, but none were in progress last weekend. Maybe next time.

Gluing up the the 'yoke' (u-side) of the hinge arrangement. Chad had a pilot hole put in and a 0.050" Allen-key fits well enough to serve as an alignment pin during assembly. Will use a #50 drill and 2-56 tap on the u-side. The other, single bit (tang?), I'll start with a #43 drill (clearance fit) - if too tight, will use #41 drill.

I like these new ailerons hinges better - nothing wrong with the Tamjet hinges, but these replicate the Hellcat's better - the single tang extending back from the trailing edge will allow the clearance slot in the aileron to be 1/3 the size required of the Tamjet hinges - again, more in line with the full-scale Hellcat.

BTW - what does everyone think of changes on how pictures are managed here? Tried putting pictures within the text and pictures came in huge. Resized them with some difficulty. After saving post, the resizing was thrown out. So, removed the pics. As they are available at end of post as attachments, guess that this is the new way going forward?. And the editing window is only an inch (2.54 cm) high. Ugh!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4022.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	2210759   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4023.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	2210760  

Last edited by DaleCS; 04-21-2017 at 06:29 PM.