RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Riser 100 electric Build
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 01:38 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my Riser 100 earlier this year and finally got started. The fuse is built and I managed to stuff a mega 22-30-3 into it. I had a Jeti 30-3 I was going to use but the prop shaft is bent!!!???? I also had a Hyperion outrunner designed for gliders but that one is messed up beyond repair.So I have the big Mega in it . Using a 2S pack and 12X7 CAM folder has more than enough power for even this size glider. After all it's not a hot liner for ALES or F5J.
I'm hoping to find another Jeti 30-3 somewhere as it really makes for a nice easy fit.
I'm planning to use servos for the spoilers and I have a set of plans from DJ Aerotech for the Chrysallis 2 meter that I built.
Finally getting my bench cleared away as I have been working on an old ACE Bingo I picked up from a former club member and that's out of the way except for the Sig 1/5 Cub LOL!
I had nothing to build on ie: something I can stick pins in so a trip to Menards for a couple 2X4 pieces of Homosote.
Hopefully going to get started on the rest this week when I find the time.
I need to get out to the club house and find the leaks in the roof. Not a fun job to look forward to but it's gotta be done.
By the way, there are several gliders waiting for homes that belonged to a deceased club member including a Gentle Lady, Riser and Spectra and Sophisticated lady for LPU if anyone may be interested. A couple are set up with motors, servos, rxcers.
Cheers