RCU Forums - View Single Post - What have you done to your RC today?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 02:51 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default O-rings & X-rings

I got a few more runs in today at the track with sock seal test subjects SC & ST platforms.

The Associated shocks seem to take a liking to my choice of x-rings that I installed.

Edit: I had always thought Associated's shock shafts were 1/8"

The Duratrax shocks (mainly the rear) have definitely let in some air/let some oil out (little bit of both) while running the x-rings in them. The one shock, that I had fixed with new E-clip, got a Hot Bodies P-3 (#50 Green) silicone O-ring treatment. After a couple of packs ran on the ST, a bit of oil is still finding it's way out of the bottom of shock cap. Now I'm beginning to think the shafts are just that banged up, and have scratches/gashes in them that's cause this ongoing issue.

Other than a drop or two of oil getting out of the shocks; finally getting shock piston issue resolved, and having a working rear suspension, the Evader ST has once again proved to be a blast to bash. I have no doubts the tiny leak issue will be resolved here in the next week or so. The Evader has saved itself from the chopping block, and looks like it will be with me for another year at least.

Last edited by RustyUs; 04-24-2017 at 04:47 PM.