RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hughes H1 Build
Thread: Hughes H1 Build
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 04:37 PM
rj lemay
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,Hello!
Well, as promised, I brought the H1 back upstairs from the RC holding/hanger room! I completed a few,small finish items such as drilling and tapping the cowl screw holes in the firewall and started to install the new fuel dot. I say new, because the first one that I had purchased from my LHS, was such a piece of junk that I had to replace it. I won't mention any manufacture's names but it's a popular one, and I couldn't believe how bad it was. It had two dots, one for the vent, and one for the fill. The vent was ok, because you really don't have to touch it, but the filler doesn't snap back in and stay in. They give you an o ring to accomplish this, but it just didn't work. So I ordered a "Seacraft" v2 fuel dot from Dreamworks, and although it was $27 bucks, it's a beautiful piece of hardware. I don't know about you guys, but I like a nice easy fueling port, that I don't have to think about after I put the fuel in or take it out! This one's really nice, it incorporates a little plastic doo-hicky that the filler line attaches to, working as the plug, then the screw that you see on the outside attaches to it via a swivel, so when you screw it on or off, the fuel line doesn't twist up with it. I highly recommend it. I also put the whole plane together for a quick photo shoot. I've never had it together with the gear down, standing on its own, and doing this outside really made me feel good about how it came out! Hope you like it! Have a great night, Everyone! Bob

Final Aircraft Pictures