RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Enya
Thread: Club Enya
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Watsa WOT?
The original WOT 4 was designed by Chris Foss and first flew in the 1970s. They're as common on British model flying fields as Sticks are in the USA. The original had a wingspan of 54 inches and was designed for a 40-46 size engine. When originally released you had to build your own model but now they are available as an ARTF. In the 1990s they introduced a tapered wing option with a longer wingspan, the so-called Mark 3. This used a cut-down wing from another Chris Foss design, the Acro Wot. I have built both the Classic and the Mark 3 WOT 4 as well as two Acro Wots. They all fly very nicely. Pictures below. The white one and my yellow "Winter Hack" are the standard WOT 4s. The multicoloured one is a Mark 3 with the tapered wing.

You can now buy a range of ARTF WOT 4s marketed by Ripmax in different sizes ranging from a little foamie electric powered model which flies very well, through the standard size WOT 4 and the englarged WOT 4 XL, shown above with my 120FS Enya fitted, to the WOT 4 Extreme which requires an engine of at least 45cc. The link below will take you to the standard size ARTF kit. Steve Webb will send one to the USA albeit at a price. Plans are available on eBay.

http://www.stevewebb.co.uk/index.php?pid=ACF002A&area=Aircraft
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WOT 4s (1).JPG
Views:	46
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	2212992   Click image for larger version

Name:	WOT 4.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	351.3 KB
ID:	2212993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Acrowot 2.JPG
Views:	51