RCU Forums - View Single Post - 60cc gas tuning NEED HELP!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Mudnyrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Truckracer
First, regardless of the settings you may read in a manual, 1 1/2 to 2 turns out on the needles is a much more common setting for initial startups. All your descriptions suggest the engine is lean. Open the needles and try it there. You can't hurt anything by doing that. After you get it running, adjust from there as needed.

Second, your fuel line size is more than adequate. 1/8" line is plenty adequate for much larger engines than what you have there.

Third, why are you reluctant to say what engine you have?
First paragraph.....
I purchased an Un-adentified manufacturer (possibly China brand) 60cc gas engine online used by a guy in his 70's flying target models and getting rid of his fleet and excess, the only marking on the engine are 5-08.

Thanks for verifying the fuel line, Thats what I thought, but you just never know. I've seen guys run 3/32 and larger on 55cc engines..
On the needles I am currently running at 7/8 Low end and roughly between 2-3 on the High end needle. Walbro seems to recommend 1 1/4 turn on both to start. I think I'm going to make two rubber grommets with a rod to fit over each of the needles, so I can turn with my fingers then trying to fit the screw drive on the slot of a vibrating engine.. This should make matters a bit easier to fine tune once I get the motor running.

I'm also going to order a rebuild kit rebuild it. It's possible I over looked the diaphragm as it did appear to be a bit sagging. So I'm going to start there.