RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/16 SdKfz 186 Jagdtiger (Hunting Tiger) Tank Destroyer
Old 05-05-2017, 06:01 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustytrax
John, I used the Asiatam unit and removed the recoil gears and motor. I then attached a servo to the rear corner and fixed a rod to the servo horn so that it pulls the original recoil slide. I leave the ELE since it works fine and is already there. It isn't like the old cam.
I haven't done it yet but I see the area that creates the ELE pivot can be cut off lower than the Asiatam. If I retain most of that I'll be able to use the remaining portion in the hull to afix a trav pivot. This will put the two pivots inline horizontally. The Trav pivot will attach to an extentetion of the Asiatam.
There appear to be two issues with this design. One I will not be able to use hatch you have your battle unit it. I will instead open the rear doors and have made a plastic base that attaches via the screw bosses that are unused in the rear of the casemate.
The second issue I foresee is the Asiatam might need far end support and that will probably be some sort of trolly hooked to the pivot plate. I'm hopping not, and your setup would elliminate that.

I'll probably get to the traverse over the summer or winter between battle dates.
Did you just glue the servo in place ?