RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hughes H1 Build
Thread: Hughes H1 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 04:28 PM
rj lemay
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! Hello!
Well I took her down to the driveway today, put the wing on, gassed up, and she fired right up. A little bit of engine tuning, and I'm confident it's ready to go for tomorrow. I checked all controls, and everything was good. After I shut it down, I got down on the ground to check the retract and door operation. Well I hit the switch, and everything sounded ok, then everything didn't sound ok.... there was a horrible grinding sound, and one of the motors kept running, after the other side was completely retracted, the strut dropped down, unguided, and the motor proceeded to fall right out of the wing!! I said OH S**T!!! and immediately knew tomorrow was not going to be, then the dollar signs popped into my head for the BVM repair that was about to come! Well I took it all upstairs and told my wife that tomorrow wasn't happening. I put it on the table, took it apart. and to my amazement, the tiny 1/4" screws that hold the motor to the chassis, were still in their place! I screwed the motor back into its yoke,and again to my amazement, it wasn't stripped out! I put it all back together, with locktite, and it worked like new! I had forgotten to tighten those little motor holding screws last time I had the thing apart, and the vibration from the motor running today was just enough to unscrew them, and make the whole thing fall apart! OK! so we're all ready to go tomorrow, I even went to the field and mowed a 200'x30' patch today with my trusty 21" Lawnboy, and boy am I tired! Alright! I'll talk to you all again tomorrow. Thanks, Bob