RCU Forums - View Single Post - WARNING!!! HOBBYTOWN USA!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 04:53 AM
sticks247rwe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's why there about to be out of buisness.

Originally Posted by caseycherish08
WARNING!!! Just wanted to share my experiance with HobbyTown USA in Arlington, TX. My 11 yea old son worked all summer and saved a little money so he could buy something of his very own. He knows daddy always goes to the hobby shop to purchase things for my planes and his brothers trucks. He decided to buy a r/c car (aprox $45). When we got the car home a few minutes later, he was excited and we opened it up to find it was missing the antenna for the remote control. I put the car back in the box and immediatley returned to hobbytown. When I got there with the car I was told that they do not allow returns or refunds. "Its written right on the wall" they said. They did not have another one of the cars my son was wanting. The employees were extremely rude. I insisted that they return my sons money but they refused. One employee "Ryan Right " he said his name was told me he didnt get paid enough to deal with unhappy winey customers. The manager refused to give me any information on how to contact the owner of the store. I cintacted the corp headquarters and of course they were no help.

I know Im not the only one who has had to deal with the incompetence and poor service and stock of Hobbytown stores. But when they start ripping our kids after we spend a lot of hard earned money in the store then they have gone to far and have got to go. We as modelers and rc hobbiest spend thousands of dollars every year on our chosen interest. So we have the power to join together and put this pathetic chain out of business.
This is why Arlington store is about to go out of buisness. Corp is just hanging on. Customer service and satisfaction are the only reason any store survives. Web based bus does not have to deal with crappy sales people or lies placed in black in white. Hobby town gouges customers has damaged product and crappy service. They do them selves no honor buy staying open. I personally would rather wait two for my parts from eBay or next day from amazon. Amazon is the best Web buisness alive. Ebay is hit or miss, hobby town just sucks on any day. For those of you who think you can't wait, you can.