RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito 115 cam lubrication
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 09:57 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
I personally never did believe that there was a problem.
that's like the OS Hyper .50 Heli engine (Blue Head) and their rear bearing rusting out, some did and some didn't, I have 2 of them, my first one rust out in less than 3 gallons, and my 2nd one rusted out in less than 2 gallons, while my very first OS .50 SXH (Silver Head) engine from 2002 ran for 4 years with 7 gallons threw it yet it never rusted out, I burned the piston out of it when I finely switched over to 30% ooops

people (including me) came up with all kinds of reasons why those bearings were going bad so quickly, well they were un-badge bearings, so I say today that OS was just buying cheap bearings

so, with Satio, a few people have had this lubrication problem, and what ever it is, there is a reason behind it, it would be nice to know what that reason is before I buy, I don't think that is to much to ask of Satio before I shell out close to $350 to them,,, if the 115 was a $150 engine I would just buy it and take it apart, drill & tap a hole for a plug and oil it every once in a while

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 05-11-2017 at 09:59 AM.