RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 6 Woes
Thread: Alpha 6 Woes
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 03:52 PM
KG6HGK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpha 6 stuff

Just joined up to find out more info on Alpha 6. I live in foreign country where there are no hobby shops and few rc flyers. Working with Spektrum,Horizon via satellite phones and emails. Seems some of the techs know their stuff and some are in LaLa Land. When I get a rep who is lost I am polite but hang up and get back into the que (kind of expensive on satellite phone). Looks like only Cody know anything about Alpha 6, and his knowledge is from the old fashion way, he is experimenting with his own planes and discovering how this thing Works. He told me on the 16th of May that some new information and patches are in the Works. For now, dont believe the advertising or the instructions they are misleading and incorrect. Having said that, this gyro Works better than anything else on the market at this time (it better as it costs 4 times as much). If it did not I would return it. Problem is it does not do wht it is advertized to, but neither do the other gyros out there (fixed wing). I am using servo travel to adjust the throw and sensitivity on the gain channel. Hold mode (holds last attitude control input) seems to work as advertized, you can select a high number in the programming and then modify it with the gain cannel. Rate or Torque or displacement does not seem to respond as well but I dont know how to fix that yet. Be sure you download latest transmitter, Alpha 6 and also the programmer updates before you take the plunge. The programmer responds differently on different computers and is a real challenge. I am using Windows 7 (Works but not great) and Windows XP ( Works better)
I am new at using a fórum for help, so sorry for my errors.