RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2M modern F3A planes in retro paint schemes.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:31 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
It is easy to overdo a paint scheme. Not too much pattern and not to clean can often be best.
And it is one thing that a color scheme looks nice on the ground but the scheme and colors should also help pilot to see the plane in the air little better, for example clearly visable difference in the air between underside and upper side of wing/stab. I take my own present 2M plane as an example, Galactika EP, that has a very nice paint scheme to look at on the ground but in the air it is perhaps not so good scheme to help pilot. Scheme on upper and underside of wing/stab is not enough different in my opinion. I have seen another Galactika with 4 big check pattern on underside wing/stab al a Dave Brown type of check pattern that he used on his planes, example here on a Tiporare replica:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0-1981-Replica and it was much better to look at in the air.

When I was out flying yesterday it was extreme dark grey clouds all over the sky and I had trouble to see the plane in many maneuvers, sometimes it almost dissapeared in the background clouds. I had to fly little closer to be sure I could see it most of the time.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-24-2017 at 01:00 AM.