RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 05:31 AM
BigTeeEldorado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
There might be a KMP ARF for sale in the marketplace right now
I've seen this plane for sale on a couple forums I think. I have trouble pulling the trigger at that price mainly because of concerns over the size being too small for 20's and honestly some negative comments on it's construction. I am handcuffed without the ability to put my hands on the model and satisfy myself over the "unknowns" and I don't see where anyone has actually put 20's together with this kit. The recommendations are much smaller. I did put a 20 in my 60 size Top Flite like you did and your right it fly's awesome but I knew others had done it and there were some serious mods to get the weight distribution right. I wonder about the 38 and as tight as it is if 20's would be just too much weight up front to deal with on this size kit.

I think I have seen some old posts for a 90 inch kit, if I'm not imagining it, that would be a more comfortable size for the engine combination. Thank you for your help because I am serious about wanting to do this project and I welcome a serious conversation from anyone with first hand knowledge or resources I can go check out.