RCU Forums - View Single Post - 90% Carl Goldberg Valkyrie build
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 01:01 AM
Brendon.Gunnell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Hosteler definitely has his little quirks but in his defense I haven't seen a prefect plan yet including my own. In many ways the designers like Wendel are victims of their own success, they get to the point the use the same techniques on every design. A given technique work on the previous plans so why deviate, don't fix what isn't broken. You see that a lot in the wing spars, if a design has a big success with a "D" box system on his wing every design will have a "D" box. If his big success uses a shaped plywood spar with a slot system for the ribs each design following will have the same.
Hey Fly

Yeah, I also have yet to find the perfect plan, in my opinion there is ALWAYS room for improvement. I think with Wendel's designs comes the problem that non are "tested" before going to "market" and the kit cutters. There also doesn't seem to be any follow up with kit cutters in order to resolve issues between their cutting and plan. One probably finds his builds would be better if there were "review" models of ALL his designs. Tomb said I should look at some of the other Hostetler builds, I did and it does NOT help with the issues around the Bonnie build. By the way, does Wendel build himself or does he just design???