RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOPRC/GatorRC P-51 Mustang 89"
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 05:56 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys/gals... here is the scoop! I upackaged it all and checked out the plane:
-- WOW..... IT is really great looking plane. I didn't realize the little things that are off on my TopFlite p-51
All the panel lines are there. Most of the rivets are as well.
--Well packaged BUT.... The plane moved and cracked the canopy that is part of the removable fuse hatch.... Will have to get replacement. hatch..
This would take a very long time to do something like this. Building a plane of this quality and detail.

Gripes-- The cockpit stick is funny...as it looks like the size of a 2 x 4 !!!..
The Aileron on one side is slightly off drilled holes
The flap on one side is slightly off drilled hole. I say hole because it really doesn't seem much is off at all.
Few places need some smoothing out with sand paper.
Spots (mainly in corners) there is some indents due to not being filled before painting.
The firewall does need to be glued... (I am happy about this as I may have to move it , and that makes life easier for me.)

8/10 ... It is really that good..

This is an amazing plane Plenty of strength. I have had composite planes in the past and the clear coat cracked at the slightest press.....
Not so with this plane. Very well made.

I can't wait to see the Corsair they are going to be realy great.

Did anyone see a sliding canopy on this bird? I don't see it, I will have to down load manual.