RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy Electronic C.G. Balancer
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 07:21 PM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your welcome and I understand.

My take on it is this. the measurements from the mains to the tail wheel or from the mains to the nose gear is a fixed number. If the distance between the mains and the tail wheel is 200mm. Whether it is -200mm or 200mm it is still 200mm from the mains to the tail wheel. The same thing applies going forward to the nose gear. i would also apply the same logic from the mains to the cg. whether you use a negative or positive number it is still the same distance. When is comes to placing the weight their is a difference in the meaning of the number. Since the distance is different in relation to the cg and affects the amount of weight needed to balance.

So I would always use positive for the distance between the mains and the tail or the nose if it is a trike and a positive number for the mains to the cg. I only use the negative number when adding weight to the tail. So far it has worked for me and I have not had any balancing issues.

If I am wrong then I have a lot of re-balancing to do.

Note:
I have used the Xicoy to re-balance every plane I have and on many of them I had to take some weight out. Not much. I think the most was a couple of ounces. The others were so close it did not make a difference to change it. I was using the Vanessa to balance my planes before using the Xicoy. I did check the balance on two planes of my friend as he was having problems balancing them. On his D9 we had to remove 8 ounces from the nose and the AG-Wagon needed the 2 pounds in the nose. He eventually moved the elevator servos around and was able to take out a pound. Both planes flew perfectly after the re-balance.

Last edited by thebluemax; 05-26-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: added more.