RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new panzer IV is available and still no clue how it works.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by philipat
Two questions about the new MB:

- Can the gun elevation be controlled in an up/down fashion? (push stick up, gun moves up; push stick down, gun moves down) It looks like it can't, based upon the instruction sheet included earlier. But, I figure I'll ask. This seems a pretty important upgrade, more so than proportional smoke. I'd be happy to have that even with the current elevation mechanism.

- Can the track recoil be disabled? Even as a jumper on the MB? I like the way to sync the gun sound with the shot, but the track recoil has to go.

Everything else seems like pretty good steps forward, but those two for me would really define a real upgrade vs a slight improvement.
No, not yet. However, it may be possible to do with an advanced radio. The channel is still split with firing and elevation for now, but since we are finally running a hobby grade rx I'm sure we can program around it in our TXs. Oh and that is a big no on the track recoil. I asked about this and the reason pretty much comes down to the airsoft unit. The track recoil helps reload the BBs. I did however bring this up and most likely in the future you will be able to disable it but for now on this board there is no way to disable.
Originally Posted by Arnie_DK
I just got the new Panzer IV last week and I discovered a problem. The tank wont receive hits from other Taigen Tanks.

I asked Dominique at Rctank.de about the problem, because I thought it was a faulty board.
He gave me an update today as he received an email from Taigen Tanks, telling him that the new boards are not compatible with the older boards.

So, for anyone, who like me just like to run with the standard boards, think carefully, before you buy tanks with the new board as you will have to upgrade your older tanks with the new board to get IR compatability.

Here is a test I made, when I thought the board was faulty (and not deliberetly altered to not work with older tanks)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBNHT6eRYQ
Just a heads up, I asked Taigen about this this morning. Your board is NOT faulty, there is a new IR receiver that will be needed to be used with the new motherboards to battle with the previous boards. The new IR receiver has had an upgrade, I'll get more details soon on it for you guys. In the meantime I'm sure your dealer will work with you for a solution. (There is a reason we don't have it yet, when I am done testing and APPROVE, then it comes to the US. I know it looks as if it has been done a while but there were small changes being made until just recently. When I get the final product and test it for you guys so you don't have these kinds of issues, then I'll give bossman the A-OK.) Oh and also.... our container arrives tomorrow about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Now hopefully we can get everything counted in and the website updated for the weekend. We have a ton of preorders to send out!