RCU Forums - View Single Post - proove pulling hard to the left
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 10:34 AM
danielplace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuma
there is over 1/4 inch gap at the drive dog, what washer? there is no washer and why more threads behind prop? I did mount turnfins In holes by zippkitts starboard holes too high or too low from zipp
That isn't enough gap I can tell you that. The drive dog is going to be all up on the drive. Put a thick towel over end of shaft and shove it forward as hard as you can with the palm of your hand and you will see it doesn't take much force to make it hit the drive. The prop pushes harder than you can.

He is telling you to take out the washer you have between the nut and prop because you want some thread coming all the way through the nut. Bottom line is you need a new cable as that one is too short and don't set the drive dog so far back so you have plenty of thread for the nut and then cut it longer so you can get a better gap between the dog and the drive. That is going to tear the shaft apart before too long if the dog is hitting the drive and I can tell you it is for sure hitting at that little gap. If that is a 1/4" then you better try 3/8" at least.

The rudder lines need to be cut off straight and put fully on the fittings and tywrapped are going to blow off and cook your engine.

You never want a Champion sparkplug in a boat as it will drop ceramic in the engine and destroy it. Get a NGK CMR7H plug for it.

A 6" rudder standoff is always a better handling setup on any mono I have ever tried a 4" and a 6" on. Never did the 4" work better than a 6" and on many the 4" made it handle terribly compared to a 6". The rudder on a mono wants to be out well beyond the prop many experiments with rudder length have shown time after time. The 4" isn't a deal breaker but if you had a 6" you wouldn't believe the difference in how it would smooth out the cornering.

Last edited by danielplace; 06-09-2017 at 03:42 PM.