RCU Forums - View Single Post - JetJoe OWNERS thread
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian_A
It's all good, thought I might find the combustion chamber corroded but nope all good. Shaft good too. Light the injectors as you showed and burned equally. Great thread/post xairflyer, been put off stripping it, but your post was very thorough.

NGV has over heat damage, I'm sure, I'll try get a better picture. Funny, but the casting of the NGV has some raised tiny ridge and I'm thinking that's lead to a change in the gas vector which has concentrated the heat, might try and grind that off, it's only tiny, but !

what did you clean the NGV and turbine wheel with?

Also, ANYONE ! I've the old Gaspar fadec with the old black hand held until which has gone belly up. Does the computer USB lead allow monitoring during start etc or has anyone got an old one I can pinch or buy ?

cheers

ian
I would just clean up the ngv with fine emery paper and/or a steel wool.
Th gasper fadec data terminals are very common, should be able to pick one up somewhere, they were used on wrens and lots of other turbines, I bought a second hand Kingtech K80 which also has a gasper fadec and was missing its terminal but was able to use my jetjoe one
Bound to be lots of guys out there have a couple lying in boxes, put a post in the classifieds or in the main RCJet forum.

Yes you can plug into a PC/laptop as well been a while since I done it and I do have a lead but where it is ??

Last edited by Xairflyer; 06-13-2017 at 12:28 PM.