RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 06-18-2017, 05:34 PM
Peregrine7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, Luke.

1) Excellent, thank you.

2) I'm having a hard time getting convinced that 2.6W will be sufficient for our applications when my FRS7 4Ohm driven by Asp2 20W amp is being drowned down by a mild wind in the park and a sound of tracks, gearboxes and motors..
I understand it's a proof of concept, but perhaps it would be a stronger proof from the onset when you mount at least 10W amp and let the max output be regulated via OPconfig?

3) I totally understand the limitations you have to battle with right now. My point is purely from the perspective of end user's functionality. It will be very annoying to a lot of people having to deal with several separate control boards as opposed to a typical one they're used to. This may in fact limit sales.
But thinking about it more, I think it would be rather acceptable if we could fit Scout ESC in between gearboxes. Not in all cases, and certainly not in Tamiya, but in HL/Taigen/Torro typically this becomes a fully or partially unused space where a small board could very well fit. The key point here is that Scout ESC would have to measure not wider than the distance between gearboxes in a narrowest tank (perhaps a Panzer III, not sure). So that leaves only the OP sound card attachment to TCB. I know the sound card is not ready, but to make this solution modular, perhaps you could whip up some mounting points or posts for the TCB where the sound card could just attach later, and send the updated plans to HK before they start printing a sh.itload of cards where we won't be able to attach anything.

Thank you.