RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carbon on Exhaust Valve
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by airraptor
anyway done arguing with you as I don't want to confuse you anymore with facts since you have your mind made up.
Ok one last thing if dragsters use 80-90% nitro and it all goes out the exhaust then why do they do it if by your opinion 50% is all that is needed ? lol
Because the over driven supercharger provides the extra air/oxygen to keep the mixture correct for proper ignition even thought the cylinders are near hydraulic by volume. A stock motor could not even run the supercharger at these pressures/volumes. So there is no way that I can see how a two chuff cylinder displacement pressure system could come close to using that ratio of nitro efficiently. Look it up homey what ever they can't combust ends up out the pipes in flames.

The 2 chuff compression of air/fuel and oil barely qualifies as supercharging. Heck Shindiawa has been using this in their weed whackers for years. Used to be called C4 technology. Yes they use an oil/gas mix like a 2 stroke and it gives the 4 stroke the ability to run in any attitude without having to use sump oil for lube.

Believe what you want, more is not necessarily better. Since your one of the few running that high a nitro content I gather you consistently out pace the others and win most if not all your races. Must be a list of your accomplishments somewhere I'd like to look through it if you don't mind.

Here is a good read as far as nitro is concerned. Near the end they address nitro and naturally aspirated engines compared to true screw compressor supercharger. Remember the YS is a two chuff displacement style air/fuel pressurization system. Little better than the original 1 atmosphere of a naturally aspirated engine. It also doesn’t have the advantage of an adjustable ignition cycle/curve. Everything that is necessary to run high ratio nitro fuel efficiently is missing with these motors.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 06-20-2017 at 01:20 PM.