RCU Forums - View Single Post - Festo on suction side of pump
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 01:20 PM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mick15
Again this statement demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of what's going on with regard to the delivery side of an oil pump. The working pressure available to force liquid into the pump can only ever be 14.7psi. There is no more, unless you either pressurise your tank or you live on another planet. lol...

Another thing that may interest you, these Hausl pumps can deliver up to 280psi!!

n
I am not sure what you mean by an "oil pump" or what this has to do with what we are discussing here. I can assure you that hydraulic negative pressure in a pump inlet (closed system) far exceeds 1bar. This is how all hydraulics work from bulldozers to automobile brakes. One cannot use an air vacuum rating to determine resistance to hydraulic suction pressure.

Again, I am not suggesting these suction forces exist in a properly vented fuel system, but momentary HYDRAULIC suction forces CAN easily exceed a Festo fitting's 1bar vacuum AIR rating. Not saying they will, but they could. If a fuel system is exerting enough suction to collapse the sides of a UAT, then it could pull a bubble at a suction side festo. It's that simple. Why take the risk?