RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 6 Woes
Thread: Alpha 6 Woes
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 05:52 AM
psarrazin2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Setting up a new Alpha-6

I hope Spektrum guys or Andy can help here

Hi All, I really need help after reading all of this thread and others I still have the jitter effect at any mode has describe at early stage in this thread. For no reason my elevator and rubber is going crazy one direction up to full travel.
I download the Pc Software and initially done the ALpha-6 upgrade to version 1.2 as suggested here
It is a brand new device purchase yesterday June 30 2017.
My setup is a DX8 not the new one, Software release 3.01 - the latest according to my Spektrum registered device.
I did my setup twice using first An AR6600T (New but have about 25 flights done without problems.)
Being not able to fix the issue, I decided to install another receiver it is an AR8010T, exact same results
As of now I did not link the xBus Telemetry, I just want to see it working anyway I do not think my DX8 is able to show AS3X Telemetry screens (If you can confirm please?
For now I'm working with the AR8010T
I do create a brand new model
Kept the 22 MS frame rate
My surfaces are well connected and functional
I do set the Knob on G6 and flight modes on the Aux2 assigned to Fmode switch.
All my servos are Spektrum Digital servos A6180

I also have some questions,

1. Has there is not travel, subtrim and expos setting in this device or at least in the Beta programmer software should I assume I can set these up in the transmitter?
2. Beta software did not really tells me when the Alpha-6 gets the new settings. Is there a way to ensure that settings are correctly sets ?
I'm asking that because after changing some settings I'm getting out of the program and when I come back I got the message that the device setting are different than the computer and it is askings chose witch ones I want to use?

Apart from the jitter important issue, impossible to fly with that, It looks like the Gain knob works fines in both mode Rates and Heading, I also see the led changing color when moving from -xx to + xx gain moving from Rates to Heading. At least I have the Ruder and Elevetor connected for my initial tests and reactions of Alpha6 seems ok to me.

SO How can I fix the jitter problem and full travel unpredictable? There is not specific patterns to it but surely within 5 to 10 sec. sometimes more frequent.

My next step will be to test with a old 10 channel receiver. I will post my results here
Thanks for your help.

English is not my mother language so if there is something confusing in my post, please ask.
Thanks

Patrice

Last edited by psarrazin2; 07-01-2017 at 05:57 AM. Reason: typos