RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/6 Hellcat Build
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 08:27 PM
DaleCS

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Aileron hinges installed - not glued in, but boxes, supports built and ready to install another section of bottom sheeting. An overall shot of the wing with all the flaps hanging low and ailerons mounted. Trimmed the hinges, modifying original design. This will simplify assembly. I'll install the bottom sheeting, cut slots over the hinge boxes and then just drop these in. Without this trimming, other available option would have meant completely sawing through the TE spar. The original length for the hinge mounting area I took from the Tamjet design. When installing the mating half, noticed that this G10 material really takes epoxy and CA extremely well, and takes a fair amount of abuse without breaking. Trimming a bit off isn't going to cause any harm.

While installing the bottom sheeting, need to take care to set the incidence angle. Print calls for 1.5 to 2.0 degrees. Will include some pictures, next time, showing how I'm fixturing the wing and measuring root/tip angles. Going to shoot for 1.75 degrees, right in the middle of spec range.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4123.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	2222623   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4122.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	2222624   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4121.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	2.17 MB