RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oxai Galactika unboxing, assembly, setup, maiden etc.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:29 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i,
What a day...
I had trouble with my Futaba 14MZ today when out flying. The throttle stick potentiometer is bad. At lowest throttle stick position it is about 1/3 power now on the electric motor. I can see in AFR (DR) on Throttle that the low end of throttle is way up and the vertical line is moving by itself slightly left-right. I showed it to another guy at the airfield that has used a 14MZ for many years and he agreed it is a potentiometer problem. So my transmitter is taken out of service now and one of our club member that owns a 14MZ (that he do not use anymore since he have a 18MZ these days) was kind to let me loan his 14MZ transmitter.
I have just transfered my present F3A model from my SD card to his transmitter internal memory, made the sticks longer as I'm used to, turned the sticks tension to max that I'm used to, relocated some 3-pos switches that was not where I need them, calibrated the LCD (very hard to press on this LCD screen compared to mine) and cleaned it up some (the guy I loaned the TX from is a glow power flyer only).
I'm ready for flying tomorrow.
Will send my 14MZ in for service after summer (I can loan the clubmate 14MZ whole summer). I will let the Futaba service center here in my country change to new potentiometers on all places, install a new internal bettery also (must be soldered to motherboard) and I will also chage 3 of the 3-pos switches that I use alot to new one. This will be the last money I will spend on my 10 years old 14MZ.
My 14MZ (to the left) and my clubmates 14MZ in photo below after I was finished with the work.

Time to go to bed.

/Bo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Two_14MZ.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	2222996  

Last edited by bem; 07-13-2017 at 06:06 AM.