RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help Please on kit-bash mistake
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 06:41 AM
ziggy138

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help

You will find standard servos an small control movements will work well on 60 size trainer and sport planes. I fly a Stinger 120 with a US 41 gas burner on it with standard servos on low and med. rates with on problems. In fact I learned to fly on this very same plan using about 1/4 travel on all surfaces. I make my first solo flight on it, many years ago and still fly it now and then. With low travel rate you will NOT need a ton of expo, in fact just the opposite as high expo causes more control movement as you move sticks toward high end and this would cause over control, I think this is something you want to avoid on first flight. If you want to play safe use servos rated around 60 in/oz and a 6 volt or LiFe battery and you will have all to control you need. Good luck and keep balance point toward front, nose heavy planes fly, not too well but are controllable, tail heavy planes are almost impossible to fly and crash. Play it safe on first flight and go easy until you are comfortable with it, then slowly try more maneuvers and larger control throws slowly and you and plane will do GREAT.