RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 07-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Peregrine7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is exactly my point. To make this work you need the TCB, some expensive sound card, or a cheap one + amplifier, 2x ESC... it it all becomes a jungle of connections and wires that could be easily eliminated in a modular design, and after getting a decent speaker (bigger than HL or Taigen), battery, smoker, etc. you're out of space in half the 1/16th tanks out there.
I'm not familiar with individual ESCs, I would now need to do additional research and hope that, without any experience, based alone on info found online, what I buy will work; then worry about all individual connections and configurations of all the separate components, and after spending hours and hours of time and hopefully getting everything to work I'd end up most likely spending more money for all the components + shipping than I would for the all-around ASP solution, for example.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from this solution, it has an amazing array of configurable options, I definitely see the good things in it, just as I explained in the past. But at this time, for me, the negatives outweigh the positives. Unless I know the total price of all components and I know they will work well together, fit into my tank, and can be configured without any complications, I can't risk investing money and time into it.

I know and understand everything that Luke explained, I understand the limitations he's met with, and available options, but I'm providing the big picture feedback here, and that is, that unless both ScoutESC and OP sound card are available, the TCB alone for me is an incomplete solution.