RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 07-11-2017, 10:09 PM
LukeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right, I really need to write OSH Stencil and ask them to let me set up a shop there like I have at OSH Park.

But in the meantime you can order from them yourself, all you have to do is upload the Eagle board file. This can be obtained from the downloads page in the "Eagle Board and Schematic" zip file, it's the one with the ".brd" extension. Upload that to OSH Stencils and they will create a stencil automatically. They have several options for thickness, I just use the standard 3 mil film.

The Bill of Materials (also on the downloads page) already has links to each item at DigiKey which is where I usually get my stuff. That would be the easiest, just click on each item and add it to your cart. But they are standard parts so I'm sure you could get them wherever you prefer.

Note the ATmega328 and the motor driver ICs can be gotten for considerably less money if you buy them from eBay or Banggood or AliExpress (ie, China). You take a slight risk with those suppliers but on the main I have had rather good luck with them.

If you do proceed let me know how you get on, and again, feel free to start a thread specifically for assembly. I don't want to frighten the lay people here too much with stuff that sounds ominous.

Luke