RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 07-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Springman65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see a few people seem to be caught up on the ESC and I am sort of puzzled by it. I have to confess that given all the ESCs out there that would work with a TGB, I did not give the SCOUT's availability a second thought.... And, I have to also confess that I personally would never integrate a ESC with the TCB (I think i would like the OSS and TCB integrated - ultimately) . My reason is "SCALE-ABILITY" lets face it, to drive an all-metal 1/6th scale tank takes a heavier-duty ESC than a 1/16th tank; so. lets keep the ESC separate and thus always flexible in its targeted purpose.

The SCOUT is a nice design, but I sort of prefer the Sabertooth anyway (I have some past experience with one). I just don't think we should get hung up on an ESC in our reasoning to support the OpenPanzer project - or our efforts to try it.

There are some negative aspects to this first edition; but, there are negative aspects to ALL the existing RC Tank control systems out there - if there wasn't this project would have never got this far..... I am sure we all have suffered similar road-blocks and limitations before in our past projects.... We just have to think and apply ourselves as we have done in the past... If you look at Openpanzer as being the "PERFECT-FIT tank control system for a any/all RC tanks, then i think you are sort of misleading yourself because there never is going to be such an animal....we will have to suffer through some adaptation.

Springman