RCU Forums - View Single Post - Returning to RC
Thread: Returning to RC
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 04:54 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

rmatt indeed since I believe you are in the US since the reference of using kraft systems in the past now is the perfect time for you to make the transition from such a long layoff. Yes I feel what kmeyers is saying is quite correct and it certainly would be wise in this country to make the transition, for the reasons he spelled it out. Not all system are so readily converted and some have to be returned for changeover.

While its true in this country some competitive venues tend to use mode one while many more types of venues do not. The fact is the vast majority in this country almost all use mode 2 and being compatible is a huge asset to you in not only getting help but also in buying/selling used equipment.

I have been steadily active in RC since 1959 and used most types of systems each requiring different technique and re learning each and every time, Single channel tone, single channel compound, reeds, single channel galloping ghost, single stick proportional, proportional mode 1 and finally proportional mode 2. All of those steps were for me a distinct improvement after a relatively short learning period. I made the final change from mode 1 to mode 2 about 1994 and never looked back.

The argument that mode 1 is better/smoother is endless as well as it is pointless for most here in the US since that debate was lost long ago to mode 2.

John