RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie here.
Thread: Newbie here.
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 07:08 AM
Desertrat99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scaleman3
It's good if you want to spend that kind of money upfront before you REALLY know if this is for you. Based on the 2 that you looked at you like German Tanks and Tamiya is one of the best, but before you spring for over $300.00 bucks I would REALLY look at Taigens. This Tank is starting at $329.00 + $55.00 shipping and may bid up for more, just my 2 cents, I would go new with Taigen and custom my own if I were spending that kind of money.
Not partial to German tanks. Those so far are the only ones I have seen on Ebay. I have wanted to get a Shernan for quite some time but never pulled the trigger on it before. Ultimately, if I go ahead with things I would only want a set of 3-4 tanks. At least one Sherman, German maybe Russian and possibly a modern tank.

I have been looking at the Taigen tanks before and is it better to go with a plastic or metal version? I know about Tamiya and not partial to those,, but they are rated as the best out there on the market. Today just say there was a used one out there and figured I would ask.

As for customizing a tank. I can probably do a few things, but doing a repaint is not possible as I do not have the space or location to do any airbrushing, nor do I have a workspace to make custom parts or other items.
I would need to have someone locally help me out with the design and build.