RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie here.
Thread: Newbie here.
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Desertrat99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scaleman3: Been looking at Taigen tanks before I joined this forum. I know I need to do some modifications electronics to the Taigen tanks or swap them out. I think I can do that myself or with some local assistance. As for customizing the paint and appearance I would require a lot of help and most likely someone who could do the repaint and add accessories for me. I do not have a garage or access to a workspace since I live in an apartment.

I had intended of joining the two groups out here in LA and San Diego, which would require making the tank or tanks Tamiya battle ready. Have done lots of reading online and looking around at those options over the last few months. It looks like I would need to get the Tamiya Battle system because that is the way to go from recommendations and reading.

Have read about Clark Boards and seen some reviews and they have their issues it sounds like? I would prefer to have all the tanks I eventually own have the same electronics under the hood to make things consistent and easier to maintain.

Rich Johnson I think found that RC group on Facebook last week, It appears most of the people on there are in the UK. Did not see any shermans for sale but I only found the group last week.,

Hope this all makes sense?