RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti CB 100 Mini Redundant System w/Telemetry, Dual Rx/Bat, Wireless Sw. (3 oz./75g)
Old 07-21-2017, 05:54 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket
I've used the CB100 in several airplanes but only with a single pack. This is where the real space and weight saving are. Using the available ports in the pair of R3's allows up to 14 outputs. This is IMO the perfect setup for the smaller jets. I'm comfortable with a single pack especially in these airplanes. In fact I use the CB100 setup in my DA70 powered 93" AJ Laser. Everything is run from the CB100 including the ignition.
Hi F1, Thanks for the post , nice neat install in the pic.

I must mention that probably the single biggest reason for loss of control of an RC aircraft now and in the past has been battery failure.
With so many available and proven battery redundancy systems available its simply crazy not to take advantage of them.

There is "no weight or space saving" using a single battery as a battery's capacity is directly proportionate to its weight.
In other words a battery of a given capacity weighs "virtually" the same as two battery's of half its capacity but ends up giving the same capacity overall.

Using a smaller battery rarely saves weight, I cant remember the last time battery's were not useful in adjusting the models CG, in many cases I end up using a far bigger battery than is necessary just to help attain the correct CG.

Only using a single R3 with a CB100 will save you just 6g that realy is not very much at all but denies you one of the most desirable features of the Jeti system ie "Duel path"
If you realy need to save space and can not fit a CB200 you would be much better off using a dedicated Rx with an R3 as a secondary Rx and then be able to use Duel Path all be it without the overload feature of a CB100.

Plugging extra servos into an R3 that is being used as a Sat Rx is not a good idea at all, certainly not a single R3 as its your only RF connection to the Tx were if its compromised would result in total loss! If there were two R3 RXs being used R2 perhaps could have some very low power items plugged in to it leaving R1 as an un-compromised RF connection but I would not recommend that ether. Using an sat Rx for more servo outputs were the CB100 has run out may give you the extra channels you need but a better still use the CB200.

You may have had many successful flights with your IC engines ignition plugged directly in to your RF system, shearing its battery but this is defiantly not a good idea at all.I know of no R/C or Engine manufacturer that would recommend or endorse this practice.

We all have our own way of doing things and will get varying levels of success and I wish you many more successful flights but I can not endorse the setup you have shown us and sincerely recommend others do not follow suite.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 07-22-2017 at 02:02 AM.