RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti CB 100 Mini Redundant System w/Telemetry, Dual Rx/Bat, Wireless Sw. (3 oz./75g)
Old 07-21-2017, 08:56 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Danny

"With so many available and proven battery redundancy systems available its simply crazy not to take advantage of them".

Yes battery's are much more reliable now than the ones that you and I were using in the seventy's but I think with our much more sophisticated and more demanding airframes costing from several hundreds of dollars to several thousands of dollars a single battery install is simply not worth the risk to the model or life and limb in this century.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CB100 has dual RX ports. Dual Path? No problem

Yes I am aware of that, sorry if I assumed you had only used just one R3 which would be daft to say the least, but now your at the same cost as a CB200!
Why not simply use a CB200 that is my point, the space and weight saving is negligible, you gain extra servo outputs instead of risking using the ones on the R3 Sats, you get a free battery backup system and extra Ext out puts, its a no brainier?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everything is run from the CB100 including the ignition"

"The device I use for this is an IBEC from Tech Aero."

You did not mention the IBEC in the first post and it implied you plugged the ignition directly to the CB100, a better setup for shure but I still would not "Share a battery" its simply a short cut to many.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still stand by "not plugin servos" or anything else in to the R3 its simply not worth the risk, 300ma is very little currant and the Rx (Ex) lead is not replaced by a "fly lead" but simply placed in parallel with it. If you can cut one of the leads from the Ex port that might be a option but its still all an unnecessary "risk"

This of course is not a chosen option here in Europe so not a risk taken as we are inclined to use the dedicated R-Sats that simply do not have servo outputs.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 07-22-2017 at 01:49 AM.