RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Rascal 168 Build and Kit review
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 07:23 PM
wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captcrunch44
O boy I can't even tell you how disappointed i am in what people are saying. I Realize that alot of the time it is and Believe me i have buried a few airplanes myself due to pilot error. But in this case it was not despite what people my think or speculate on how I flew the plane, it is starting to upset me. I did not fly this plane in any adverse manner. I flew the plane at sig with plenty of people watching me fly every flight and the night it fell apart i was in front of the club showing off this new and vary cool plane. I have up until now kept my mouth shut but (darn it ). The wing broke and it was not do to flying in a manner that would provoke a wing failure.
I know sig is working on the problem and everyone else that has not had a chance to fly there's yet will get a fix before there wing fails.
I wasn't trying to rub your nose in it, but here are the facts... you built what amounts to a half scale free flight airframe out of ply and balsa, you put double the recommended engine on it then you firewalled it in (at best) level flight, banked, and pulled up. If Sig does anything for you that is testament to their stellar customer service not completely faultless action on your part. We all lose planes due to our own silly actions... forget to charge batteries, reverse ailerons, overestimating our own abilities... whatever. I'm sure this was a painful one, it would have been for me, I hope it helps you avoid anything similar in the future.