RCU Forums - View Single Post - A long time coming
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks cardinal and aspeed, F2D naw but just fun stuff. The last flights we did manage doing loops on opposite sides of the circle by communicating with each other and that worked pretty well. So what we plan to do is practice up some more when we can and include some simple opposite side half loops to inverted for several laps and then outside halfs to upright on call.

One other thing we have been stewing on is nite flight. I have been messing with nite flight RC for well many years now and with an eclectic variety of airplanes. But dang never with a controlline. We got a little tradition with our club going now for about six years with a new years eve nite flight where the object is to be airborne at the midnight hour. These have always been great fun with maybe six to eight flyers each time. heck one of those years we even had snow on the ground and that is rare here. but the sky was crystal clear and it was great fun with the comradery around the burn barrels.

Don.t know yet what airplanes to use for the circle but it would be something special in concert with the RC nite flyers. A two up nite flight is definitely on our plans. So will keep ya posted on this. Am thinking maybe my RC/controlline turbine/glow Cadet. I did wire this ship up for nite flight but that is the one thing I never did finish up with on that airplane because of the AMA restriction on flying turbines at nite but for this phase it is simple to just remove the turbine of the top and just fly on the OS 55. Shes done many controlline flights on just the glow engine and just the turbine.

Maybe Jason and I will also light up the Magicians Too

John