RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 07-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Moneypitts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I got into this again to have something that my son and I could do together since I am not really into flipping over tables and chairs in the front yard or skate boarding anymore (If I break my leg I can't go to work). I was raised on a farm with plenty of room. He is being raised in a gated community in Florida and where we do have a pool, we are missing the wide open spaces. He really thinks this is cool, but even as cool as this is, I think he gets bored with it from time to time. Last time we went to the field he loved it. When more people are there, I have to admit, its a lot more fun. So, I am challenging him to do more stunts and learn how to really fly. Of course that goes for me too. We should use the simulator more, but that kinda gets old and the feel is not the same, really. In our RC Plane Career he has definitely wrecked up far fewer planes than I have. I keep reminding him who pays for them and who has the right to wreck them and who does not. Seems to be working HAHAHAHAHA!

Well, I try not to be grumpy, aging sucks...the mind still wants to do flips in the front yard and ride skate boards, but the body screams...hell no! We were in Maryland recently as that is where I was raised. Maryland is for Crabs...the eatin kind, which I tried to get sick of while I was there. My son gave me a beer cozy that said something to the effect of "stay away, I'm crabby". Darn Kid. I must have been grumpy for a couple seconds. Well, he still cries when I go to work (I work in Egypt) so I know he misses me.

Its nice to have a place to BS about the hobby. Outside of the hobby shop (My wife feels really sorry for those people) and the field, no one in my life is into the hobby. At work, I have managed to hook one of the Captains into the hobby. He went home last hitch and bought the Real Flite simulator, a 13 channel Futaba radio and some kind of twin engine electric plane to train on. He is doing quite well with it. He lives in Belgium. SUCKER! He's already blowing money on more planes...HAHAHAH.

See you guys around the club house.

Keith