RCU Forums - View Single Post - 90% Carl Goldberg Valkyrie build
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 09:50 PM
Brendon.Gunnell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well again I did a bit of prioritising on a quiet day at work yesterday...I cut the spar holes in the templates.
Then I got home and started messing around with the plans and discovered that I have the wrong set of them...one wing bigger than the other and the ribs that I've built are also bigger than the bigger wing plan...don't ask, I DON'T know...end of the day I will now have a full size Valkyrie instead of a 90% one as my ribs come out to 1mm bigger than 100% (that's sanding allowance) and that's a GOOD thing
Mike, if you reading this then take note, make sure you print the plans correctly, only thing I can think of is that the rib template sheet was not printed to the correct size as I know I checked two wing halves together to get an idea of size so I could easily have mixed my plans up and have the correct 90% ones with all my other plans, I didn't however check the template sheet against the plans to make sure of rib sizes.
The difference in size is about 50mm on overall cord and around 200mm on half span.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Priorities.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	2225722   Click image for larger version

Name:	No 1 rib to plan .jpg
Views:	149
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	2225723   Click image for larger version

Name:	No 5 rib to plan.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	73.1 KB