RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 08-01-2017, 07:50 AM
gmeyers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Fisher
The Top Flight Kit I built in 1964 had preformed leading edges and the kit plans had no patterns. This was on Outer Zone they have the full sized plan.Attachment 2226458

I had a Taurus for a brief period - a friend of mine found it in the garage of a house he bought. He wanted to fly it so I updated the engine and the electronics to make it flyable - frankly I was disappointed with the way it flew though I found it to be straight in all the right places, weight about perfect, no unwanted twists or turns in the important parts, all seemed well - it just flew crappy compared to more modern stuff. Of course I liked planes like the original Hots or the Super Hots or even the Great Planes Twist or Twist 60 with lots of power. But still thought it should fly better so we benched it. I set him up with a trainer but he lost interest and never flew it.
I thought the Taurus was scratch built the way the fuse sides were laminated cross-grained balsa and with hard maple motor rails, along with sheeted wing skins and painted. Great looking plane - even looked good in the air.