RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 08-03-2017, 06:22 AM
rmatt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well over 50

Just saw this thread. I am just getting back into RC. I am well over 50. Matter of fact 73 next birthday So if you guys are grumpy at 50.I can tell you that it doesn't get better.
That being said. I think the grumpy comes from the mind wanting to do all sort of things that we did when younger, and a body saying go ahead and try it and I'll show you what hurt really is. So little time and so many to p--s off.
Been flying since I was a kid. Control line and graduating to RC.Started RC in the mid 60's, First radio was a Kraft 4 channel Gold Medal series and graduated to 6 channel and the last , I think was a 7 channel Signature Series.
Then came the 39 year hiatus when buying houses, cars and settling on boating as a hobby became paramount.. Now taking care of the boat became a bigger chore than the body likes( Hence the Grumpy) so back to RC.
Just bought, right or wrong, a Spektrum DX8 radio. Need to start out with some form of trainer just to get my feet wet and see how good the sight and reflexes are and hopefully progress from there.
That's my story so see ya around.
Bob